Call centre acoustics
ISVR Consulting can provide comprehensive advice and assistance on noise and vibration to planners, architects, builders, furnishers
and end users of call centres during all stages of design, construction and use.
Assistance in design, planning and construction of buildings
- Preliminary noise surveys of proposed sites,
- Assessment of the noise and acoustic aspects of the design, construction and materials of planned new or converted buildings,
- Identification of potential weak points in fabric or design and proposals for remedial work,
- Specification and prediction of noise break-in from external traffic and other sources,
- Specification and prediction of noise break-out from the building and compliance with planning restrictions, to avoid noise nuisance to neighbours,
- Assessment of the acoustics of internal spaces, including the prediction of noise levels, measurement of the acoustic absorption of furnishings and fittings, and the control of reverberation times, to ensure each room or space is fit for its purpose,
- Noise insulation between rooms, especially, for example, between plant rooms, rest rooms or canteens and the call centre floor
- Noise from heating and ventilation systems,
- Monitoring construction to ensure compliance with acoustic requirements,
- Noise measurements for acceptance purposes.
Headsets and assessment of noise exposures
- Assistance with selecting headsets suitable for the expected noise environment
- Measurement of noise exposures from headsets to ensure compliance with the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 and to minimise risks of hearing damage.
- Advice on hearing conservation and audiometry policies.
- Acting as expert witnesses in claims of hearing damage (personal injury).
Read how we helped Direct Line Insurance in their call centre in Croydon (extract from 'Hotline' their in-house magazine in .pdf format - 246 KB)