Noise and vibration measurement
ISVR Consulting's business is noise and vibration in all their aspects. We can undertake measurements and testing out in the field, on your site or in our own test rooms at Southampton. Some measurements are needed to check compliance with standards or regulations, while other tests may be exploratory to control noise and vibration, improve building acoustics, reduce personal noise or vibration exposures, or to identify problems to assist product design and development.
Examples of our services include
- Automotive and Marine noise and vibration, silencer design, engine mounts, enclosures, materials and active noise and vibration control
- Laboratory services and qualification testing
- Occupational or workplace noise and hearing protection
- Development and Planning for Residential, Industrial and Commercial Developments.
- Environmental and neighbourhood noise assessment and planning, including railway noise, road traffic, construction.
- Industrial and machinery noise and vibration control
- Measurement and assessment of high level impulsive noise, e.g. firearms, explosives and fireworks
- Noise from leisure activities, such as children’s toys or clay target shooting
- Noise in aircraft and crew noise exposures
- Product development and design
- Building and architectural acoustics, sound insulation testing
- Audio and communications, speech intelligibility, alarm sounds, noise exposures from headphones and headsets
- Ultrasonic measurement
- Aeroacoustics, flow noise and vibration
- Sound source location with microphone arrays
- Electroacoustics, microphones, loudspeakers
We also provide training and specialist courses in aspects of noise and vibration to meet your requirements.
ISVR Consulting can assist with the following:
- Vibration in buildings and structures
- Low-vibration design for sensitive equipment
- Numerical modelling and prediction using Finite Element Modelling (FEM), Boundary Element Modelling (BEM) and Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA)
- Assessment of vibration from railways, traffic, construction activities and other sources in the environment
- Shaker testing and rattle testing for product and component development
- Machinery vibration
- Industrial exploitation of vibration
- Hand-arm and whole-body vibration
- Vibration isolation design
- Modal testing and analysis
- Laser doppler vibrometry
- Noise and vibration surveys
- Automotive, and marine and shipboard noise and vibration
- Noise and vibration measurements to DefStan 08-123/NES 1004 Requirements for the Design and Testing of Equipment to Meet Environmental Conditions
At ISVR Consulting we are well equipped with accelerometers and associated test equipment, and we have recently upgraded our hand-arm and whole-body vibration monitoring equipment.