Laboratory services and qualification testingAt ISVR Consulting we carry out laboratory measurements and qualification tests to International, British, Proprietary and other standards in several areas. We can also carry out similar testing in the field or on customers’ premises. If you are not sure what tests you need, or if you need help to interpret a standard, please contact us. We are happy to discuss or offer advice. We can also devize test procedures if none curently exist, and many tests are 'one-offs'.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Sound Power Determination using sound pressure level methods (ISO
- Sound Power Determination using sound intensity methods (ISO
- Measurement of Transmission Loss and Sound Reduction Index (ISO 10140)
- Measurement of Sound Absorption (ISO
ASTM E1050, ISO 10534)
- High intensity fatigue testing (MIL-STD-810, BS 3G 100)
- Noise and vibration tests to
Def Stan 08-123/NES
- Qualitative and quantitative measurements on microphones, loudspeakers and audio equipment
- Qualification of passenger public address systems in aircraft (Civil Aviation Authority Specification 15)
- Measurements of sound levels and noise exposures from radio earpieces and communications headsets.
- Measurements of sound levels from headphones and earphones used with portable music players (EN 50332-1; and EN 50332-2)
- Measurements of the insertion loss of hearing protection and flying helmets (ANSI/ASA S12.42-2010)
- Ultrasound measurements
ISO (International Standard) numbers are shown for convenience. British or European equivalents are normally technically identical (eg BS EN ISO 3741 is technically identical to ISO 3741, but with the addition of a National and European foreword and title page).