Short courses, meetings and conferences
ISVR Consulting, the ISVR and the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences offer regular courses in various aspects of noise and vibration. Some courses are designed to give an introduction for those new to noise and vibration, while other courses are more specialised. The courses are open to everyone.
ISVR Consulting can also provide special courses tailored to the needs of individual companies or industries. Examples of possible topics include
- noise control,
- silencer design and exhaust systems,
- various aspects of engine noise, vibration and harshness (NVH),
- low-noise design,
- insight into building acoustics,
- use of noise and vibration instrumentation,
- noise control of leisure craft.
These courses, which are typically one or two days in length, may be held either in Southampton, or at a client’s premises. If you would like a
course tailored to your needs, please contact us, without obligation, to discuss your requirements.
Meetings and Conferences
Erika Quaranta of ISVR Consulting will be presenting a paper at the three-day 2018 FFT Acoustic Simulation Conference and Actran Users’ meeting in Toulouse, France, which takes place from the 9th to 11th October, 2018:
- Exploring Actran optimisation on the conceptual design of a muffler. Erika Quaranta, Simon Roberts, Malcolm Smith, ISVR Consulting, University of Southampton
ISVR Consulting staff will be presenting two papers at the Institute of Acoustics one-day meeting on Noise and vibration control in sustainable engineering design on Thursday 8th November 2018 at the Novotel, Southampton:
- Acoustic design of lightweight cabin walls for cruise ships. Malcolm Smith, ISVR Consulting, University of Southampton, and Tom Royle, Wizz Consultancy
- Conceptual design of mufflers using Actran optimisation scripting. Erika Quaranta, Simon Roberts, Malcolm Smith, ISVR Consulting, University of Southampton
ISVR Consulting staff regularly present papers at meetings, conferences and workshops.
Short courses and workshops
Details of short courses and continuing professional development opportunities at the ISVR and in the School of Engineering are available on line.