Architectural and building acoustics
ISVR Consulting’s experience covers
- Acoustic design assistance for architects, builders and their clients at all stages of design and construction including preliminary noise surveys of site; specification and prediction of noise break-in to proposed buildings from external traffic and other sources; specification and prediction of noise break-out from the proposed building and compliance with any planning restrictions; assessment of internal acoustics, noise levels and reverberation to ensure each room or space is fit for its purpose; predictions of noise insulation between rooms; noise from heating and ventilation systems; identifying potential weak points in design and proposing remedies; monitoring construction to ensure compliance with acoustic requirements; noise measurements for acceptance purposes.
- Design of low-vibration laboratories for specialist scientific research and
- Assessment and improvement of acoustics of call centres for telephone banking, conference halls, council chambers,
schools, multi-purpose rooms used for indoor sports, music and conferences, and even firing ranges
- Mechanical services and ventilation systems in large buildings, offices and hospitals, including design assistance, problem solving and recommendations
for remedial work
- Sound insulation between commercial premises and between dwellings to meet the standards required by the Building Regulations
- Planning and the effects of noise and vibration from road, rail and air traffic or other sources in the environment.
- Measurement of the Transmission Loss (Sound Reduction Index) of panels, partitions, walls, windows, barriers, etc. in the laboratory or in situ.
- Measurement of the Sound Absorption Coefficient of wall cladding, ceiling tiles, furniture and fittings.
- Design and remedial measures to limit noise generated by the wind (‘whistling buildings’)