Architectural and building acoustics
ISVR Consulting’s experience covers
- Acoustic design assistance for architects, builders and their clients
at all stages of design and construction including preliminary noise
surveys of site; specification and prediction of noise break-in to proposed
buildings from external traffic and other sources; specification and
prediction of noise break-out from the proposed building and compliance
with any planning restrictions; assessment of internal acoustics, noise
levels and reverberation to ensure each room or space is fit for its
purpose; predictions of noise insulation between rooms; noise from heating
and ventilation systems; identifying potential weak points in design
and proposing remedies; monitoring construction to ensure compliance
with acoustic requirements; noise measurements for acceptance purposes.
- Assessment and improvement of acoustics of call centres for telephone
banking, conference halls, council chambers,
schools, multi-purpose rooms
used for indoor sports, music and conferences, and even firing ranges
- Mechanical services and ventilation systems in large buildings,
offices and hospitals, including design assistance, problem solving
and recommendations for remedial work
- Sound insulation between commercial premises
and between dwellings to meet the standards required by the Building
- Planning and the effects of noise and vibration from road, rail
and air traffic or other sources in the environment.
- Measurement of the Transmission Loss (Sound Reduction Index) of
panels, partitions, walls, windows, barriers, etc. in the laboratory
or in situ.
- Measurement of the Sound Absorption Coefficient of wall cladding, ceiling tiles, furniture and fittings.
- Design and remedial measures to limit noise generated by the wind (‘whistling buildings’)